statcounter

flagcounter

Flag Counter

On Angels and Messengers

Monday, October 12, 2020

HANGER CLINIC -- Day 1





First day of appointments at Hanger Clinic in Gig Harbor, Washington.

I expected a busy place. It's big and quite impressive. There was one other patient there. They are spacing people out in response to Covid.

Ryan Blanck ("the inventor of this marvelous orthosis)" took a plaster mold of my  leg, told me  I may need a knee component, and warned me that I'll have to unlearn all the compensations that I have been using for more than 50 years. I was pleased to hear him say that he thinks he can unload the pressure points thay now feel like I'm stepping on a nail with every step. My GoFundMe friend, Teresa Ruckman, took these photos. She is a candidate for an Exosym, too, and is having a fundraiser if her own. Ryan gave us a tour of  the clinic.  On the Facebook Exosym page, they are calling him a god, but he's a modest do


wn-to-earth guy  who invented something marvelous. Tonight Ryan will personally build a mock-up of my Exosym. Tomorrow, I will try it out.

Ryan showed us a world map with a hundreds and hundreds of pins representing previous candidates.  Apparently, injuries like mine are not as rare as I thought. However, I am the first one to show up riding a kid's Razor Scooter from K-mart, or anywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment