statcounter

flagcounter

Flag Counter

On Angels and Messengers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

MY LEAST FAVORITE THINGS

A song from The Sound of Mortars, my upcoming Broadway parody.
Sung by Majeeda, a double agent in war-time Afghanistan,
played by Christiana Amanpour or her understudy, Rachel Maddow.
For a synopsis, see my blog entry for May 18,
"Plays Coming Soon to the Short Attention Span Playhouse".

I don't like Hummers or airstrikes that hurt us,
Heat in the summer while ironing burkas.
I hate being naked in sandstorms that sting.
Perhaps that's my very least favorite thing.

Cold, clammy caves, and wars with no purpose.
Going to jail without habeus corpus.
Camel dung on my sandals and flies that it brings.
These are my very least favorite things.

When I'm tortured, water-boarded,
When I think I'll drown,
I think of my other least favorite things,
And then I down feel so down.
There is one more verse, sung by the seven dwarf terrorists,
but I want to rewrite parts of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment